The symptoms and effects of HAVS most commonly result in:
COSHH, which stands for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, is the set of regulations that aims specifically to address the health issues of using hazardous substances in the workplace with its primary aim being to prevent ill health.
COSHH covers the vast majority of substances and mixtures of substances, used or produced in the workplace, that are potentially hazardous to health.
The program covers the following areas:
- How Hazardous Substances can harm us
- Classification, Labelling and Packaging as per the CLP Regulation
- Substances covered by COSHH
- What COSHH does not cover
- The Requirements of COSHH
- Identification and assessment
- Monitoring exposure
- Health surveillance
- Information, Training and Supervision
- Arrangements on how to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies that may occur
COSHH supplies us with access to knowledge about hazardous substances that we use. Combining this knowledge with established safe work procedures is the best way we can avoid accidents, injuries and illnesses associated with the use of hazardous substances.
RUNNING TIME: 27 Minutes